Excellims is looking for an exceptional individual to join our market driven team. The chosen candidate will join a fast paced team of scientists and engineers dedicated to the development of next generation analytical instruments. Individual drive, flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment is essential. Successful candidates will be hands-on problem solvers with a strong attention to detail and enthusiastically committed to learning new technology.
The Sr. Applications Scientist will be responsible for application chemistry and product development. This individual will evaluate the feasibility and performance of Excellims products in specific end-user applications. The successful candidate should have an advanced degree in chemistry with work experience in pharmaceutical and/or food analysis. The Sr. Applications Scientist will work closely with the business development team to perform experimental work that will support the end users of Excellims products. The successful candidate will develop a strong understanding of Excellims overall market and application space, competitive technologies and industry standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Work with multiple departments to design and run experiments that will focus on finished product applications
· Work with end user / customers and instrument sales channels to achieve timely and accurate analysis of samples and troubleshoot issues as they arise
· Help with the development and optimization of analytical protocols and industry collaborations
· Write detailed applications reports, proof statements and technical articles
· Ph.D. or Master's degree in Analytical Chemistry or related field with 3+ years hands-on experience with IMS, HPLC, Mass spectrometry or other analytical techniques
· Familiarity with chemical analysis in an industrial, pharmaceutical or lab testing service environment
· Strong communication skills with a willingness to work on development teams and drive projects as needed
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills
· Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize
· Motivation to learn new skills and willingness to take on scientific challenges
Job Types: Full-time, Contract