CASMS Young Investigator Award:
This award aims to recognize rising stars and outstanding researchers in the field of mass spectrometry. The award is designed to identify and acknowledge young scientists who have made a significant impact in their early career stage. Candidates from all major sectors including academia, industry and government laboratories will be considered. The selection of awardees will be announced at the CASMS Annual Conference. The 2022 awardees will each receive a $500 cash award and a recognition plaque, and will be invited to present an award lecture at the 2nd CASMS annual conference (October 17-21, 2022).
Nominees must be the current CASMS members who are within 10 years of receiving the Ph.D. in the year the nomination is considered.
Application materials should include:
- A nomination package (one single pdf file):
- 1-Page nomination letter (self-nomination is not allowed)
- 1-Page self-statement by the nominee
- Current CV of the nominee
- One recommendation letter
- Academic and scientific accomplishments
- Original contributions to the field
- Significance, innovation and impact of the work
- Relevance to the mission of CASMS
Submission deadline: July 29, 2022.
How to submit:
For each application, the nomination package should be submitted by the nominee, and the recommendation letter should be submitted by the referee.
Submission portal is available after you login to the website (CASMS.org) as a CASMS member with either a one-year membership or lifetime membership.
Instructions for CASMS member registration
Registered users with unpaid membership:
Note: Nominations can be held for three years as long as the nominees are eligible for award consideration.